Many customers don’t understand why they cannot have a cone inside the parlor, so here is the official answer: it’s an old school soda fountain etiquette thing. For the same reason we wouldn’t serve you coffee in a paper cup while in the restaurant, or your meal on a paper plate: cones are a “to…
I work @ a fro-yo shop and get the same complaint alllll the time. My answer is usually, because yogurt in a cone would be gross. Seriously. It would be.
Last Thursday I was supposed to go on a “second date” with David, a.k.a. adorable dude from my history class. I wasn’t actually too keen on him as he “fully disclosed” his past drug addictions and recreational acid use before we have even each other naked. Anywho, I am not looking for any thing too serious so I honestly thought: It would be nice to have one partner instead of misc. hookups so if I can score a eff buddy, why not? Well he didn’t get that vibe at all from me. Hours before the “date” I get a text message explaining that things are getting too serious, but I am super cool so friends?
I did not just get dumped by some dude I didn’t even want to date?! No, I did and it really pissed me off. I decided just to pretend like the past two weeks hadn’t happened and return to my quirky self in history class instead of awkward HEY WE WENT ON A DATE LAST WEEK AND NOW YOU ARENT SAYING ANYTHING TO ME IN CLASS EVEN THOUGH WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HANGING OUT TOMORROW WTFF Amanda.
He apparently really digs that awesome Amanda because he wouldn’t leave me alone in class last night, just kept looking at me… Waiting for me after class… Talking to me before and after class. Fuck dudes. I hate you all.
Okay. Man drama # 2 of history class.
My best dude friend Devin is also in this class. We have a weird relationship and basically I have a ridiculous crush on him. He walks into class and tells me he has a date later that night, and that he is pretty sure he is going to have sex with that girl. So cool. Thanks for telling me that buddy. He gets really squirmish if I disclose my misadventures with him so I have learned to shy away from that, he apparently couldn’t tell how unexcited I was to hear about this new girl he is no way “wants to date, but fuck, oh yes.” Awesome. This is after:
2 weeks ago he tells me I am his best girl friend.
1 week ago he tells me he only ever wants to date his best girl friend.
THIS IS NOT THE WEIRDEST PART OF THIS STORY.
Fast forward three hours after I have pointlessly spent three hours editing audio only to have the program crash as I put finishing touches on it. Sweet. Anyways.
I am downtown with my crew (Tim/Nicole/Trevor) getting ready to hit up a new diner. 12:30am. *BuzzBuzzBuzz* Oh my phone is ringing, weird. It’s Devin, even weirder.
He then proceeds to ask me if I will meet him for pizza. I ask how his date went and he tells me they had sex and then he asked if she wanted to go grab pizza so as to get her the heck out of his house and she was like, nah I’ll stay. So he goes to go get the pizza on his own and is all freaked out about this clingy girl in his apartment. And I am the girl he wants to go get pizza with now while that girl chills at his house.
I wish I understood dudes. But I don’t.
Le sigh. I mostly don’t expect that anyone read all of this. But seriously. WTF?
10. I have some of the best friends on this planet.
9. It is completely okay to cry when you need to, be it on the train, on your couch, or behind the counter at work.
8. Distraction can be a good coping mechanism, but eventually you will be left alone to your thoughts.
7. You can never change someone.
6. To really be in love, means you have to become very vunerable.. And you don’t realize this often times until someone takes advantage of that.
5. One night stands ARE NOT the answer.
4. This is going to sound ridiculous, but prior to this break up I didn’t believe that heartbreak was really that bad. I was wrong… It is very much so the worst feeling in the world and no one deserves, but everyone does, to go through it.
3. You invest a lot of money into relationships. And that will make you bitter in the end.
2. If you see a man with a rope tattoo, run the other way.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!
Cliche as ever and something I did not understand when everyone told me at first.